As the province’s largest university, Dalhousie University has played a significant role in the history of Halifax and Nova Scotia as a whole. Founded in 1818, by George Ramsay, the ninth Earl of Dalhousie and Nova Scotia Lieutenant-Governor at the time, Dalhousie was established as a college with its original location being in Grand Parade - where Halifax City Hall is currently located. In 1863, Dalhousie opened with six professors and one tutor, with the first degrees being awarded in 1866. In 2018, Dalhousie celebrated its milestone 200th anniversary. The campus of Dalhousie has grown significantly since it was first established in 1818, and has always been a significant presence in the heart of Halifax. This tour includes stories on a select number of Dalhousie buildings.